A Changelog is a list of changes between releases that are usually technical in nature and utilize a lot of internal jargon. Each release of Barebones CMS is accompanied with a list of detailed changes that took place between the last release and the current release.
There are a couple of different ways of reaching this page. You either arrived via the download page or a link from the admin stating that an upgrade is available.
If you are not running the latest version, be sure to check this page for known security vulnerabilities in the version you now have installed. If there are security vulnerabilities, you need to upgrade right away so that your website does not get hacked.
To upgrade Barebones CMS, follow the Upgrade documentation.
Released on: 2010-06-20
Type: Archived Stable Release
This is the official, stable release for the 1.0 branch of the Barebones CMS. This release cycle went through 21 release candidates over the course of three months. Yeah, that is a large number of release candidates. Total development time: Roughly 11 months.
- Added the 'Blank Slate' layout to the Layout widget.
- Added the widget type (e.g. '[Code]') to each widget for easier identification.
- Added the ability to identify which layout is active.
- Added the ability for widgets to specify the need for the BB_PreMainJS() call.
- Shortcodes can add extra CSS and JS files into the 'head' element
- Shortcodes can declare a BB_PreMainJS() requirement.
- Added a Caption option to the image shortcode.
- Added a head section to the Code widget.
- Added a Caption Width option to the image shortcode.
- Added 'first-line' class to default WYMEditor classes.
- Added a basic bit stream manipulation class.
- Added the PHP SSL/TLS transport to RetrieveWebpage().
- Added HTTPS support to BB_IsValidURL() and BB_IsValidHTMLImage().
- Added the PEAR::Net_DNS third-party package.
- Added a HTML to text converter.
- CSS 'expressions' in IE are now removed.
- Installation from web root now works properly.
- Fixed Code widget.
- Fixed Layout widget issue with an unassigned layout not setting the layout path properly.
- Fixed 2-column admin Layout issue with Easy Edit.
- Fixed infinite iframe growth issue involving the 2-column admin Layout in the editor by introducing a CSS override mechanism.
- SWFUpload uploader security token issue fixed.
- Installer file deletion tests fixed.
- SWFUpload status tracking fixed.
- Fixed the security token error when editing files from the Layout widget.
- Fixed the CSSTidy template loader to use absolute paths to fix the 'Unable to find the CCSTidy 'barebones' template' issue.
- Upgraded EditArea to 0.8.2 due to constant, weird visual artifacts.
- Fixed file/directory creation bug.
- Fixed the security token error when traversing to '..' in File Explorer.
- Fixed the 2-1 2-column 200px layout in the Layout widget.
- Fixed browser sizing of columns and the iframe of the Content widget to be more dynamic.
- Fixed saving Content widget content so it actually works.
- Fixed the two space issue that resulted in bogus non-breaking spaces showing up in the output.
- Created LoadProperties2() to allow the Content widget, site cache flush, and other no-form functions to load without closing open dialogs.
- Fixed the 'allow_call_time_pass_reference' deprecation warning.
- Made all links, by default, target _top in the admin.
- Fixed CloseProperties2() call for site cache flush.
- Cleaned up proc.php a bit.
- Fixed reordering widgets.
- Changed all /support/ references to use the global define().
- Simplified creating URLs to load property pages within shortcodes.
- Fixed shortcode uploader parameter list.
- Fixed escaped login usernames/passwords.
- Fixed content jumping around with small heights when the content editor is open and page scrolled to the bottom.
- Fixed shortcode display issues with fixing the 'allow_call_time_pass_reference' deprecation issue.
- Fixed shortcode uploader 'Back' link issue.
- Fixed CSS float application issue.
- Fixed empty body causes a PHP Notice when saving a shortcode issue.
- Fixed URL calculation for some servers on alternate ports.
- Fixed logout so cookies are actually deleted.
- Fixed 'Blank Slate' layout PHP notice.
- Fixed file transfers for existing shortcodes.
- Changed web image detection to be slightly cleaner.
- Fixed widget dependencies issue with 'action' in proc.php.
- Rewrote 'bb_widget_internal' to make $bb_widget easier to use with fewer restrictions.
- Fixed fallout from the 'bb_widget_internal' rewrite when manipulating master widgets.
- Simplified base widget code and removed unnecessary variable inclusion from core widgets.
- Fixed the Code widget ProcessAction() function.
- Reordered a few 'bb_action' handlers in edit.php.
- Eliminated most of the need for REQUEST_URI.
- Changed the Content Editor so the toolbar shows up as icons instead of text. Occupies less screen space and is easier to use.
- Removed a duplicate ReloadPage() function call.
- Fixed file upload speed calculation - was in bits instead of bytes.
- Rewrote the e-mail address parser in the SMTP routines to be more robust and versatile.
- Rewrote the e-mail sending routines to be more versatile.
- Upgraded HTMLPurifier to 4.1.0.
- Fixed 'pre' tag newline removal.
- Fixed 'pre' tag newline removal not working issue.
- Fixed a minor issue with the 'float-clear' default WYMEditor class.
- Fixed vertical alignment default WYMEditor classes.
- Changed table cell default WYMEditor classes so they look nicer and new table rows stand out more.
- Upgraded to WYMEditor 0.5 RC2 to fix Firefox 3.6 bugs/issues.
- Upgraded to HTMLPurifier 4.1.1
- Upgraded to jQuery UI 1.7.3
- Fixed a minor SSL-related bug.
- Most of the original 'bb_widget_internal' functions have been deprecated for a lighter-weight approach.
- BB_HTMLPurify() call removed from Layout widget. It doesn't make sense despite reintroducing a privilege escalation vulnerability.
- BB_CSSPurify() call removed from general-purpose saving routines. Was removing useful comments and rearranging everything.
- Removed a bunch of trim() calls.
- Removed 'developer' plugins support. Doesn't make sense.