Barebones CMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear 2019, let's build stuff
I haven't done one of these for two years now but I want to start out the New Year on the right foot.

The 2017 New Year's list did not happen due to a project that consumed my late 2016 and the first couple of months of 2017 to expand my network and improve the overall topology.  I decided that having a computer, two printers, all my networking equipment, several external hard drives, and a surge protector hanging off of a surge protector wasn't exactly safe. It took longer to set up than I thought it would and missed the usual window where I would post my information. Also, my project list for 2017 was mostly secret as I didn't want anyone to really know what my general direction was. FlexForms and Admin Pack upgrades were the big updates for 2017.

The 2018 New Year's list also did not happen due to being in the middle of production of Barebones CMS 2.0, which took almost 18 months to develop and release. Two major projects were built and released this past year: Barebones CMS 2.0 and PHP App Server. Then I took a 3 month hiatus from software development. I have been developing software for a long time, so I've learned to identify the signs of burnout. The best thing to do is to just take a nice long break. The work will still be there when I'm ready to pick it up again.

For 2019, I have a short list:
  • Catch up on personal life. There are a few things still left on what was a fairly lengthy list. Barebones CMS chewed up all of my time and I fell behind in a couple of areas.
  • Use a SDK to program my new keyboard. I don't know if this will turn into something I'll share. It's for a specific but well-known brand of keyboard and for a specific purpose. While it is technically doable, there are serious problems with the software end of things. Skipping this project.
  • Add a couple of features to jQuery Fancy File Uploader.
  • Add a few features to PHP App Server.
  • Make a couple of product videos.
  • Two new major projects. No details here.

I'm pretty sure most of my time this year will be spent working on the two major projects (the last item in the list). Let's have a fantastic 2019!
Author of Barebones CMS

If you found my reply to be helpful, be sure to donate!
All funding goes toward future product development.