Barebones CMS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement: Barebones CMS 2.0
You may have noticed that in the last 24 hours, things started looking quite a bit different on the website.  Most of yesterday was spent launching a completely redesigned product:  Barebones CMS 2.0!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4VyjrIG1Pk

It took approximately 1 year and 4 months to go from idea/concept to today's release.  A number of significant changes across multiple product lines took place over that same timeframe, all of which had the primary objective of making Barebones CMS the best product it can possibly be.  The biggest difference is that everything that used to be hosted on this site has been migrated entirely over to GitHub for a consistent, uniform experience with the CubicleSoft product line.

If you use Barebones CMS, direct migration from 1.x to 2.0 is not possible without completely starting over.  This break is intentional but was one of the most difficult decisions I had to make in order for the product to continue to be viable.  Barebones CMS 2.0 is, for all intents and purposes, an entirely different but far better product.

A lot of what made Barebones CMS 1.x good found its way into 2.0.  The multilingual asset system has been made even better and is now generic enough to let users invent languages for various purposes (e.g. 'en-us-newsletter' for writing content for an email newsletter).  The asset revision system has been vastly improved and can show precisely what has changed between two revisions at a glance.  The file uploader and manager has been revamped for today's technology, including a brand new dynamic image cropping tool with support for fixed ratio crops (e.g. 16:9).  And the editing interface has gone completely fullscreen for an immersive experience.  Those are the highlights but there's a lot more I could go on about.  Suffice it to say, Barebones CMS has never looked or been better.

There are also key innovations in Barebones CMS not seen in any CMS product on the market.  Of note, Barebones CMS integrates with the Cloud Storage Server /feeds extension, which can future publish and unpublish with no system resource usage.  There is also partial integration with Remoted API Server, which enables additional future possibilities.  The admin interface is not tightly bound to the data storage interface, which allows for swapping out the API with a completely different backend.  That is, it is possible to reuse the admin interface with a completely different CMS database product.

My favorite part is that the entire admin interface works on mobile devices without any hacks or restrictions.  Barebones CMS 1.x was strictly a desktop experience and was created before smartphones even existed.

Oh, and of course, Barebones CMS is free, open source software (FOSS).

Check out Barebones CMS today!
Author of Barebones CMS

If you found my reply to be helpful, be sure to donate!
All funding goes toward future product development.