Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problemes during instal SSO server
hi i'l trying to install the server but i keep on getting this error 

Quote:Failed to connect to the SMTP server. Expected a 250 response from the SMTP server upon RCPT TO. (554 5.7.1 <gwc.cluster023.hosting.ovh.net[91.134.248.235]>: Client host rejected: Access denied )

i've attatched a picture with the settings

is the any way to resolve this issue, cause as you can guess the SSO server there for can't send any emails ?
or do i need to cntact OVH ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lots of things could be going wrong here (e-mail is hard). The fact that it successfully connected to the SMTP target is a start. The "Client host rejected" message indicates that the host rejected the recipient. It's probably an open proxy defense mechanism. You didn't enter a username/password, which might enable e-mail sending via SMTP. You should also look at making sure the correct SPF records are set up for your domain as the target may be attempting to validate SPF and failing.

Many servers have postfix installed locally (localhost) and can relay e-mail. You should try localhost:25 first as the host to see if that will work (or install postfix on your server).

Technically, you don't need to have e-mail working to complete the installation. You can always manually edit the SSO server configuration file later, but getting it working from the beginning is fine too.
Author of Barebones CMS

If you found my reply to be helpful, be sure to donate!
All funding goes toward future product development.
thanks for the answer,
what I’m looking at doing is blocking the registration public, therefor only the admins can create accounts

so, in real life I don't need the account activation email, so is there a way to avoid activating the account by email?
If you don't want public registration and don't care about e-mail activation, then you won't need the e-mail options. Just skip that part of the installer. Also, don't set up Generic Login with e-mail address support (i.e. just username support). To stop public registration, when you configure Generic Login, set "Open Registration" to "No" under "Other Settings".

You'll create and activate users manually via the admin interface. When each user is created, the admin will be able to see that user's newly assigned password one time.
Author of Barebones CMS

(01-15-2018, 09:13 AM)thruska Wrote: If you don't want public registration and don't care about e-mail activation, then you won't need the e-mail options.  Just skip that part of the installer.  Also, don't set up Generic Login with e-mail address support (i.e. just username support).  To stop public registration, when you configure Generic Login, set "Open Registration" to "No" under "Other Settings".

You'll create and activate users manually via the admin interface.  When each user is created, the admin will be able to see that user's newly assigned password one time.

so how would i create the login page, cause it's the gerneric login that cretes the login page ?
the only two feilds i need is user name and password

for info : this login system will be used for an admin and user login but all the accounts are created by the admins manually
The admin interface has a "Create User" option. You use that to create new users manually.
Author of Barebones CMS

(Yesterday, 06:34 AM)thruska Wrote: The admin interface has a "Create User" option.  You use that to create new users manually.

and then what about the login page, don't i need to create the generic login for that ?