Managing User Accounts
There are three distinct account types in Barebones CMS:
- Content Authors. This account type can edit content on a page but only if they are part of a group that is allowed to edit content on that page.
- Web Designers. This account type can always edit content but is not allowed to author PHP code.
- Developers/Programmers. This account type has full, unhindered access to the system to do anything. Only those with Developer/Programmer accounts can create and manage the accounts that have access to the system.
Features that are inaccessible to a user are hidden. This allows the interface to be very clean and simple for those users who only edit content on a site.
The 'Edit Profile' dialog.
Each user can manage their own account via the 'Edit Profile' site option. The 'Edit Profile' dialog allows for the account password to be changed.
Creating a New Account
Only Developer/Programmer accounts can create accounts. Creating an account is fairly simple:
- Click the 'Create New Account' site option.
- Enter a username and password.
- Select the account type.
- For the 'Content Author' account type, enter the group name that this account will be associated with. This is case-sensitive and ignored for the other two account types.
- Click 'Create'.
The 'Create New Account' dialog.
After creating an account, make sure the individual changes their password from the initial password to something more secure. Or generate a secure password right away and make sure they don't change it to something less secure.
Deleting an Account
Only Developer/Programmer accounts can delete accounts. The system prevents deletion of the account doing the deletion. Deleting an account is also fairly simple:
- Click the 'Delete an Account' site option. This option won't show if there is only one account in the system.
- Select the account to delete from the dropdown list.
- Click 'Delete'.
The 'Delete Account' dialog.